Viewing 15 posts - 7,561 through 7,575 (of 8,754 total)
Jeff Moden (8/5/2014)
rajeshn29.dba (8/5/2014)
I would like to know SQL DBA high ended question (5+ years’ experience) what kind of questions they will ASK …………………. Just for curiosity
Thanks a...
August 6, 2014 at 12:03 am
Quick thought
😎
August 5, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Luis Cazares (8/5/2014)
Eirikur Eiriksson (8/5/2014)
Grant Fritchey (8/5/2014)
Eirikur Eiriksson (8/5/2014)
August 5, 2014 at 6:17 pm
Grant Fritchey (8/5/2014)
Eirikur Eiriksson (8/5/2014)
August 5, 2014 at 5:53 pm
TomThomson (8/5/2014)
Eirikur Eiriksson (8/5/2014)
Jeff Moden (8/5/2014)
Eirikur Eiriksson (8/5/2014)
So this incedent was not a bug after all, it was a pork chop.
Heh... I wonder if the lead developer's name was "Glon"....
August 5, 2014 at 4:50 pm
GilaMonster (8/5/2014)
Luis Cazares (8/5/2014)
Koen Verbeeck (8/5/2014)
Grant Fritchey (8/5/2014)
You get a phone call. The person on the phone says the database is slow. What do you do?
Migrate from Oracle to SQL...
August 5, 2014 at 4:07 pm
Luis Cazares (8/5/2014)
Eirikur Eiriksson (8/5/2014)
Luis Cazares (8/5/2014)
Koen Verbeeck (8/5/2014)
Grant Fritchey (8/5/2014)
You get a phone call. The person on the phone says the database is slow. What do you do?
Migrate from...
August 5, 2014 at 3:58 pm
First of all, you misspelled my name:blush: (no worries, I'm just really hurt) Joking apart (but don't do it again :-P), the condition in the STORED PROCEDURE query (as Gail...
August 5, 2014 at 3:39 pm
Luis Cazares (8/5/2014)
Koen Verbeeck (8/5/2014)
Grant Fritchey (8/5/2014)
You get a phone call. The person on the phone says the database is slow. What do you do?
Migrate from Oracle to SQL Server?...
August 5, 2014 at 3:20 pm
Jeff Moden (8/5/2014)
Eirikur Eiriksson (8/5/2014)
So this incedent was not a bug after all, it was a pork chop.Heh... I wonder if the lead developer's name was "Glon". 😛
Pretty close, almost...
August 5, 2014 at 3:07 pm
SQL_Kills (8/5/2014)
August 5, 2014 at 2:56 pm
powerofsound (8/5/2014)
Thanks for the heads up Sean, I do know the issues with using Nolock, but unfortunately it’s my company’s policy to use it on all queries.
Quick thought (no...
August 5, 2014 at 2:44 pm
Not much I would suggest here apart from the missing separator in the concatenation and a covering index. Otherwise this would be pretty much my first and probably only approach....
August 5, 2014 at 2:39 pm
SQL_Kills (8/5/2014)
So say I have a table called "TableA" and have two database one called "Hub" and the other Database called "Adventure". I then want to call a stored...
August 5, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Don't think there is any reason to re-invent the wheel, it's more a matter of rephrasing the question so we can understand what you are after. There are quite few...
August 5, 2014 at 1:30 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,561 through 7,575 (of 8,754 total)