Viewing 15 posts - 5,476 through 5,490 (of 7,185 total)
Sorry, I don't understand why you want to create the columns dynamically. Do you require a different set of columns from your table each time the task is executed?...
March 25, 2011 at 4:17 am
Have you considered changing the query in your data source? Something like this:
SELECT RTRIM(col1), RTRIM(col2), ...
FROM MyTable
John
March 25, 2011 at 4:10 am
From memory, I think the sp_helprotect stored procedure and sysprotects system view are what you need. Also check membership of the db_datareader database role.
John
March 25, 2011 at 4:06 am
Yes. We use the query to report from all our servers to a central server. That is then compared against a list of databases that should have been...
March 23, 2011 at 9:34 am
What do you mean by a more printable format?
To run on all your servers at once, I think you can set up a job and target it at more than...
March 23, 2011 at 5:45 am
I'm not sure what you mean. Please will you provide some table DDL, sample data and expected results so that we can visualise it.
Thanks
John
March 22, 2011 at 9:04 am
Narendranath
I'm afraid this is the point where you need to go away and do your own investigations. If there's anything in particular you don't understand about any of those...
March 22, 2011 at 5:27 am
Narendranath
You have four options:
(1) Export to a text file or similar, then import from that file to the destination
(2) Use OPENROWSET
(3) Create a linked server
(4) Use SSIS (SQL Server Integration...
March 22, 2011 at 5:16 am
I think I'd do it like this:
(1) Create an Execute SQL task that dumps the results of xp_regread into a temp table. (You may wish to experiment with the...
March 22, 2011 at 5:10 am
I think you just need to remove that whole line with the underlined part. If that doesn't work, please provide DDL, sample data and expected results.
John
March 21, 2011 at 7:33 am
I think you just need to remove "col4=".
John
March 18, 2011 at 10:57 am
Jith
Is it possible that any particular combination of deptID and locid would contain all NULLs in the grade column? If so, what would happen then?
John
March 18, 2011 at 5:34 am
Jith
What would happen if the same group of deptID, locID had different grades in it? For example, what if you had the following data?
insert into #grades values (5,5,10,'Class A',...
March 16, 2011 at 9:32 am
This is such a strange requirement that I think I must have misunderstood it. However, assuming I didn't, this will work:
create table #grades(id int,deptID int,locid int,desig varchar(10),grade varchar(2))
insert into...
March 16, 2011 at 7:55 am
Jeet
If Grade is NULL, how do you decide whether to update it with A, B or C?
John
March 16, 2011 at 5:29 am
Viewing 15 posts - 5,476 through 5,490 (of 7,185 total)