Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,431 through 5,445 (of 7,185 total)

  • RE: User Defined Functions returning variable length strings

    The correct string length will be returned. Try the code in the attached file.

    John

  • RE: User Defined Functions returning variable length strings

    What you've got should work - just change varchar(@Length) to varchar(1000). Not sure why you need a UDF, though - the built-in function LEFT should do exactly what you...

  • RE: SSIS job not importing

    If you have SQL Server Agent running under a local account then you can't do it. You need to run it under a domain account.

    John

  • RE: SSIS job not importing

    Is the destination table on a separate instance? If so, check that the SQL Server Agent account (or a Windows group of which it is a member) is set...

  • RE: SSIS job not importing

    Sounds like it might be an issue with permissions. I take it when you say "scheduled", you mean it runs as a SQL Server Agent job? If so,...

  • RE: view help

    You could try an outer join, or you could look at the EXCEPT operator. As ever, you'll want to to test each one against your own data to see...

  • RE: string search in objects

    You can find view definitions in the sys.sql_modules system view.

    John

  • RE: sql quary

    Sharon

    Look at the ROW_NUMBER function.

    John

  • RE: Query times out from application

    Sanz

    Perhaps you are supplying different parameters, or maybe your connection settings are different (things like SET ANSI_NULLS). Different connection providers (ODBC, OLEDB and so on) have different default settings.

    John

  • RE: SSIS - Multiple flat file as source

    Naru

    No, do not have tables with different structures processed by the same data flow. Please post your code - I'm finding it very difficult to visualise.

    John

  • RE: Are Heaps Fragmented by Default

    OK, I found a table with only one index, which is non-clustered. The table has 400000 rows and the fragmenation of the index was 57.9%. I rebuilt the...

  • RE: SSIS - Multiple flat file as source

    Naru

    You need to make sure that the collection for each loop only contains the files you want to be processed by the dataflow within that loop. One way to...

  • RE: Are Heaps Fragmented by Default

    CirquedeSQLeil (4/5/2011)


    You can rebuild the NC but fragmentation will persist. A clustered index is required to defrag the NCs.

    Jason, I must confess I don't understand. What's the difference...

  • RE: Are Heaps Fragmented by Default

    As I said before, you shouldn't get too many problems if you only do inserts, although I can't guarantee that. One problem you will have is that your database...

  • RE: SSIS - Multiple flat file as source

    If you've set up your loops correctly, it will load each text file for the same table one by one. As I said before, I can't tell you what's...

Viewing 15 posts - 5,431 through 5,445 (of 7,185 total)