Viewing 15 posts - 5,356 through 5,370 (of 7,185 total)
Ah yes - you're right. If you can't be sure that all names appear in both tables then an inner join won't work.
John
May 24, 2011 at 8:05 am
Almost... you need an INNER JOIN on the Name column.
John
May 24, 2011 at 8:00 am
This is a simple JOIN and SUM query. Please will you show us what you've tried so far?
John
May 24, 2011 at 7:38 am
Be careful about standardising your users in this way. Although it simplifies administration, it's a security risk since it means that giving someone (or something) access to one thing...
May 23, 2011 at 9:39 am
Without seeing the script you used in your job, it's difficult to comment.
John
May 23, 2011 at 7:59 am
Group by CartesisRU, CartesisBU and HFMEntity and use a HAVING clause.
John
May 23, 2011 at 7:23 am
OK, you've got an NTFS permission issue. You need to make sure your SQL Server and SQL Server Agent account have read-write access to that folder on your X...
May 20, 2011 at 8:29 am
Dan
Although I suspect it won't make any difference to performance, I don't think you need the ISNULL, since SUM ignores NULLs.
John
May 20, 2011 at 8:05 am
ALZDBA (5/20/2011)
I had the impressions that would only be the case in active/active setups
You're quite right - I said active-passive but I meant to say active-active. I'll amend my...
May 20, 2011 at 5:57 am
Be aware that if you go active-active then your licensing costs double, since you have to pay for a licence for each node that SQL Server runs on.
John
May 20, 2011 at 5:34 am
Putting performance aside for a moment, creating a separate instance for Sharepoint would provide a couple of benefits. The first is that you can perform maintenance on your Sharepoint...
May 20, 2011 at 4:33 am
You can use the Derived Column transformation.
John
May 19, 2011 at 8:56 am
You can specify in your package at design time which configuration filter to use. If you want to specify a different one at run time, I don't know how...
May 19, 2011 at 8:31 am
If your parameters are stored in a table that looks like the [SSIS Configurations] table that is created when you enable package configurations for a SQL Server table, then you'll...
May 19, 2011 at 6:28 am
Viewing 15 posts - 5,356 through 5,370 (of 7,185 total)