Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,981 through 4,995 (of 7,185 total)

  • RE: Sql server get the creation date column

    Not as far as I know - there is no create_date column in sys.columns. I would advise against using the GUI to insert a new column between two existing...

  • RE: Sql server get the creation date column

    You're ordering your results by the create date of the table. Since that will be the same for each column in the table, you can't guarantee that your results...

  • RE: T Log backup jobs failure

    Have you tried logging a call with Quest support? I usually find them very helpful.

    John

  • RE: SQL Injection

    From the link I posted:

    - Never run with more privileges than necessary. Users that log into an application with their own login should normally only have EXEC permissions on stored...

  • RE: SQL Injection

    prashant-507002 (10/31/2011)


    By your point of view i have to make store procedure for each table insert, update and delete

    That's what I'd recommend, yes. See also this:

    http://www.sommarskog.se/dynamic_sql.html

    John

  • RE: BI Developer Opportunity in Birmingham, UK

    Bear in mind that we usually have shorter hours and longer holidays here in the UK than in the US, especially in public sector jobs. Comparing the salary only...

  • RE: Checking for the non existence of a record

    Frank

    Please will you post table DDL in the form of CREATE TABLE statements, sample data in the form of INSERT statements, and show us the data you're trying to insert...

  • RE: Joining 2 result sets

    Murali

    What column(s) do you want to match the two result sets on?

    John

  • RE: What is the Query..?

    Something like this?

    WITH MinVals AS (

    SELECT

    TransNo,

    MIN(IsVoid) AS IsVoid

    FROM

    MyTable

    )

    SELECT

    t.IncidentId

    ,v.IsVoid

    ,t.TransNo

    FROM

    MyTable t

    JOIN

    MinVals v ON m.TransNo = v.TransNo

    Please post table DDL (CREATE TABLE), sample data (INSERT) and expected results next time. You'll get...

  • RE: backing up and restoring using the wizards

    muthukkumaran Kaliyamoorthy (10/20/2011)


    Read my post Step by step backup/restore using T-SQL

    [/url]

    Actually, your article doesn't cover use of the REPLACE option. And the Microsoft page you link to is...

  • RE: backing up and restoring using the wizards

    Does the message go on to say anything else? I think you can use the REPLACE option to overwrite the existing database. I would advise you to use...

  • RE: Retrieve my old package

    Two other things you could consider: back up msdb on your test server, then restore over it, then restore the original one back once you've retrieved your package. Or...

  • RE: Cluster Active Active Max Memory Configuration

    I would set them both to 12GB, for example, and if there's a failover, let them fight for the available memory. The reason for this is that failovers should...

  • RE: Protecting Data

    I think there are compliance issues here, as well. In the UK, the Data Protection Act covers data that can be used to identify a living individual. As...

  • RE: How to only return one row per key with a LEFT JOIN

    One way of doing it is put a DISTINCT in, thus:

    ...

    LEFT OUTER JOIN (SELECT DISTINCT ServiceOrder FROM ServiceOrders) SO ON I.ServiceOrder = SO.ServiceOrder

    ...

    John

Viewing 15 posts - 4,981 through 4,995 (of 7,185 total)