Viewing 15 posts - 4,336 through 4,350 (of 7,185 total)
Thanks SQLBalls, Jon and ACinKC. That makes it a little clearer. I guess as a beginner I'll understand more as I read more and more of the articles...
September 21, 2012 at 1:54 am
SkyBox (9/18/2012)
Everything restarted and moved ok. Is there anything I am missing or any "gotcha's" with this move? Will this affect upgrades or service packs?
No, it won't affect...
September 20, 2012 at 7:04 am
Thanks for the beginner's guide, Rob - very much needed in my case! I have one question on this. Are elements and attributes functionally equivalent? For example,...
September 20, 2012 at 2:58 am
Of course you do, because it's not 2004 any more.
Here's a third alternative:
WITH Totals(Yr, TotalDueForTheCurrentYear, OverAllTotalDue) AS (
SELECT
YEAR(OrderDate)
,SUM(TotalDue) OVER(PARTITION BY YEAR(OrderDate))
,SUM(TotalDue) OVER(PARTITION BY 1)
FROM
#TestBasedOnYear
)
SELECT DISTINCT
TotalDueForTheCurrentYear
,OverAllTotalDue
FROM
Totals
WHERE
Yr = 2004
John
September 18, 2012 at 7:29 am
Dunnes2002 (9/18/2012)
it throws an error saying nulls cannot be inserted into the table. Which i take it means that @no is not being set correctly.
Not necessarily. Please will you...
September 18, 2012 at 6:38 am
You might get misleading results if you have constraints that span more than one column:
CREATE TABLE #john2 (col1 int, col2 int, col3 int)
ALTER TABLE #john2 ADD CONSTRAINT UQ_John2 UNIQUE (col1,col2)
ALTER...
September 14, 2012 at 9:11 am
bala.a (9/14/2012)
Could you please provide...
September 14, 2012 at 8:26 am
I don't have a script that does exactly what you require, but you could try querying the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.CONSTRAINT_COLUMN_USAGE view.
John
September 14, 2012 at 7:08 am
Gail, thanks for pointing that out.
Shobha, have you considered using DBCC CHECKIDENT?
John
September 14, 2012 at 4:08 am
The view you are trying to use is only available in SQL Server 2005 onwards. Your database is in SQL Server 2000 compatibility mode. Is there any reason...
September 14, 2012 at 2:02 am
Yes, of course I'm serious, and I even took the trouble to explain why. Note that I used the word "consider" - I didn't say it was appropriate for...
September 14, 2012 at 1:48 am
I would recommend backing up the databases first, in case the worst happens, which it has done for me before. Given that you have taken a backup, you may...
September 13, 2012 at 8:57 am
The top row by what? Age of vehicle? Price of vehicle? Date vehicle added to invoice? Please also provide some table DDL and sample data.
John
September 11, 2012 at 4:43 am
MVDBA (9/6/2012)
shrinking the data file will give you fragmentation..... shrinking the log file won't
Yes, it will - it is likely to cause physical fragmentation on the disk (at least...
September 6, 2012 at 5:02 am
You need to understand why the log file grew to the size it is. If it was through normal database activity, then there's no use shrinking since it will...
September 6, 2012 at 4:45 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,336 through 4,350 (of 7,185 total)