Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,006 through 4,020 (of 7,185 total)

  • RE: Count technicians passing on a call

    That's a good start. Now you need to join that result set to itself on callref = callref and rn = rn + 1, counting the number of times...

  • RE: problem in sql server

    Well, this would do it:

    SELECT 15 AS id

    but I suspect that's not what you're looking for, so please explain exactly how you get the second value from the first.

    John

  • RE: Page Restore

    Tony Rogerson also covers this in detail in his blog.

    John

  • RE: Sql Server doesn't use the right index

    dazzim72 (6/26/2013)


    I use the function because I have a large amount of .sql files and I prefer to store specific logic in only one point. They help me to have...

  • RE: Cannot Start SQL Server Agent

    Jason

    Did you use SQL Server Configuration Manager to set the service account? Please will you post the content of SQLAGENT.OUT.

    John

    Edit - just realised that this thread is over a...

  • RE: Sql Server doesn't use the right index

    Lowell (6/25/2013)


    I think one of the join criterias are using scalar functions though...i think that is the performance killer here:

    isn't this three different scalar functions being used to create the...

  • RE: Sql Server doesn't use the right index

    Lowell (6/25/2013)


    also, i see a scalar function in the selection, so that will substantially slow things down...it looks like it's just formatting the data as 6 chars, maybe 201306?

    lose the...

  • RE: Sql Server doesn't use the right index

    Marco

    If you only have 1120 rows, it may be that the query optimzer decides that it's better to do a clustered index scan than to use the index. I...

  • RE: how to restore a stored procedure from a backup

    Yes, I think LiteSpeed from Quest has object level restore as well.

    Another alternative is to purchase some software that allows you to mount a database backup as a database without...

  • RE: Sql Server doesn't use the right index

    Marco

    Please will you post table DDL for prod_starts, along with the CREATE INDEX statement for the index you mentioned? How many rows are in the table? How do...

  • RE: Tcp/ip port named instance

    Lava

    I suppose the advantage of a dynamic port is that a different one is authomatically selected in the event that the chosen one is in use by another process. ...

  • RE: Tcp/ip port named instance

    The best thing to do would be to set SQL Server to listen on a fixed non-default port, and then reconfigure your application to connect on that port (or reconfigure...

  • RE: MY query is procedure is not working?

    raghuldrag (6/4/2013)


    what was mY error in that?

    I don't know - you can see your screen; we can't. But I'd guess that your problem is you don't have an [font="Courier...

  • RE: Correcting Login to User mappings

    Wow! You're right on 3. We're eventually in agreement on everything.

    John

  • RE: Correcting Login to User mappings

    opc.three (6/3/2013)


    Not sure I understand...

    Right. And that Login is sa and that cannot be changed.

    When I create a new database from my own login, which has access through its membership...

Viewing 15 posts - 4,006 through 4,020 (of 7,185 total)