Viewing 15 posts - 3,946 through 3,960 (of 7,185 total)
Those links don't work for me. The code you posted will do the job, but it'll rebuild every index in the database regardless of how fragmented it is. ...
July 24, 2013 at 8:22 am
You have a date stored as varchar or similar and you want to check it's a valid date?
Two options - the first being vastly more preferable:
(1) Don't store dates as...
July 22, 2013 at 4:39 am
ALTER DATABASE MODIFY FILE (....)
If you don't know the syntax, you can search for it. Or you can just use the GUI.
John
July 19, 2013 at 8:55 am
Sounds like your stored procedure is making more modifications than there is room for the transaction log to record. If that's the case, rewrite the procedure so that it's...
July 19, 2013 at 8:49 am
We're not here to do your work for you, although obviously we're happy to help out if there's anything in particular you don't understand. Therefore please will you show...
July 19, 2013 at 1:29 am
Ah yes, hadn't thought of that. I guess that behind the scenes it creates a new column and copies the data across - something to bear in mind if...
July 19, 2013 at 1:01 am
GilaMonster (7/18/2013)
When an index rebuild is run, the statistics on that index are updated with fullscan as part of the index rebuild process. It's not that the rebuild...
July 18, 2013 at 8:26 am
Quite difficult, if you don't have anything to compare your results with. I suppose if users are happy, performance is acceptable. I would recommend monitoring Disk Reads and...
July 18, 2013 at 7:57 am
You don't need to. The restore will create an exact copy of the database, including filegroups.
John
July 18, 2013 at 7:25 am
I prefer to have one job per database, in case I want to back up databases individually, but that's by-the-by.
If I were you, I'd make some enquiries about the vendor's...
July 18, 2013 at 7:02 am
To add to what Koen said, 4 uses sysobjects, which, from SQL Server 2005, has only been included for backward compatibility. Some of your statements test for the schema...
July 18, 2013 at 6:48 am
Koen, are you sure about that? You can add a new column with an identity property, but I can't see any way of adding the identity property to an...
July 18, 2013 at 6:29 am
Viewing 15 posts - 3,946 through 3,960 (of 7,185 total)