Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 3,646 through 3,660 (of 7,185 total)

  • RE: SSIS Package failure rollover and email notification

    Yash

    Put all the tasks in question into a Sequence container and set the TransctionOption property to Required.

    John

  • RE: Table Constraint

    I think you'd need a trigger to implement that sort of logic.

    John

  • RE: SQL Backups not working

    Ryan Keast (1/22/2014)


    I've now changed SQL Server service to run under the same account of mhs2\sysadmin3 and they are now working.

    Interesting. Looks as if the maintenance plans are running...

  • RE: SQL Backups not working

    OK, so you've opened the job, looked at the Owner field, and check that the login specified there is sysadmin? You'll need to find a different way of checking...

  • RE: SQL Backups not working

    If the login that owns the job is sysadmin, then the job should run in the context of the SQL Server Agent account. Does SQL Server run under the...

  • RE: SQL Backups not working

    I would strongly advise against running any service under a domain admin account. If the service gets compromised (whether accidentally or maliciously), an unlimited amount of damage could be...

  • RE: want to list out all thejobs that will be running on future date in SQL2000 and 2005 version.

    There's a utility (it might even be free) that displays all your scheduled jobs in a calendar format. I'm afraid I don't know what it's called, but if you...

  • RE: Rollback plan for SQL Server 2008 Migration

    Srikant

    My advice to your management would be to test thoroughly in advance, so that you can be as confident as possible that when you upgrade in live, there won't be...

  • RE: SQLCMD problems

    You haven't said what exactly isn't working. I suspect that your problem is how to fire triggers from events in AD. If that's the case, you'd be better...

  • RE: SQLCMD problems

    OK, I didn't quite understand first time. You have these two .cmd files that are triggered automatically whenever a logon or logoff event occurs (presumably on AD) - is...

  • RE: SQLCMD problems

    I don't think it'll work if you just lift sqlcmd.exe and copy it somewhere else. It needs access to all sorts of DLLs and other stuff. Why can't...

  • RE: SSIS 2012 Project cant save poackage

    It's not a question of whether the file is read-only - it's whether you have permission to change it. Right-click on the file and choose Security. If you...

  • RE: Run Script in each databases in sql server

    But you don't want it running against databases that don't have the tables - that would be a waste of resources. That's why I suggested scripting it properly. ...

  • RE: Run Script in each databases in sql server

    If you need to run it regularly then it's worth taking the time to script it properly. Are the databases that contain the table the same databases from week...

  • RE: SSIS 2012 Project cant save poackage

    What are the permissions on ther actual file itself?

    When changing NTFS permissions, you either need to change them at the level they were originally set and cascade them down, or...

Viewing 15 posts - 3,646 through 3,660 (of 7,185 total)