Viewing 15 posts - 3,286 through 3,300 (of 7,185 total)
The first thing to do is copy and paste the error message into your favourite search engine. When I did that, the first result was a blog that looked...
December 12, 2014 at 9:34 am
BWFC (12/12/2014)
John Mitchell-245523 (12/12/2014)
BWFC (12/12/2014)
that could be we TUPE straight out through the door.
I'm no lawyer, but as I understand it, TUPE protects you from any changes that are made...
December 12, 2014 at 7:45 am
BWFC (12/12/2014)
that could be we TUPE straight out through the door.
I'm no lawyer, but as I understand it, TUPE protects you from any changes that are made as a direct...
December 12, 2014 at 7:30 am
Alex
Yes, that did exist, possibly up to SQL Server 2000. As far as I know, you can't do it any more. Too much of a security risk, I...
December 12, 2014 at 4:16 am
If it's a one-off copy-and-paste into Excel, you can also type a "'" (single quote) into the cell and append the number on to that. That will have the...
December 12, 2014 at 3:48 am
You need to copy and paste the plan into a text file and save it with a .sqlplan extension. You can then open it in graphical form in SSIS.
John
December 11, 2014 at 9:28 am
Never seen that before. But if I had to guess, I'd say that the backup that was made to that file was interrupted and didn't finish.
John
December 11, 2014 at 9:19 am
No, it will only show what backup set(s) are on the backup device (file). Have a read of the RESTORE topic in Books Online.
John
December 11, 2014 at 9:14 am
What happens if you do [font="Courier New"]RESTORE HEADERONLY FROM DISK = 'MyFile'[/font], where MyFile is the path to and name of your backup file?
John
December 11, 2014 at 9:08 am
Yes, just use the FILE = 6 option in your RESTORE statement.
John
December 11, 2014 at 8:14 am
Werner
In order to eliminate the NIC as the cause of the reduced performance, select your query results into a temp table instead of having them returned to the caller. ...
December 9, 2014 at 9:23 am
If it's a live server, definitely not. Sysadmin should only be given to DBAs. We don't live in an ideal world, so sometimes we have to make exceptions...
December 9, 2014 at 8:27 am
December 9, 2014 at 4:05 am
Dave
Here's what I'd do.
(1) Script all indexes and constraints and then drop them
(2) Add the new column to the table. You should only need int - it will allow...
December 9, 2014 at 3:38 am
Does it make any difference if you rewrite the last part of your query like below? You haven't given us anything to work with, so obviously I haven't been...
December 8, 2014 at 9:29 am
Viewing 15 posts - 3,286 through 3,300 (of 7,185 total)