Viewing 15 posts - 3,181 through 3,195 (of 7,185 total)
Since SSIS isn't designed to run interactively, I would recommend running this as a report in SSRS, so that users can pass in the required date as a parameter. ...
May 18, 2015 at 2:42 am
Without seeing your data, I'd be just guessing. But I think you need a splitter function. Search for that and see whether you find anything that helps.
John
May 13, 2015 at 8:47 am
Mark
It's not just performance - if columns are added to or removed from a table then your application may break.
But with regard to performance itself, get a copy of your...
May 13, 2015 at 8:45 am
Have a look at this. Make sure you do this on a test server.
John
April 21, 2015 at 7:13 am
Yes, as you acknowledge, you never quite know what you're getting when you use the GUI, which is a good reason to shy away from it in many circumstances. ...
April 21, 2015 at 5:59 am
OK, so for the operation to be allowed, you need City to be other than Sandnes, or you need P_ID to be other than 0. So just change the...
April 21, 2015 at 5:21 am
I think he's confused his requirement: he mentions "already inserted rows" and "already inserted columns" almost in the same breath. I think Gianluca's solution will work for him; alternatively...
April 20, 2015 at 3:12 am
Have a read through this[/url].
110 is the compatibility level for SQL Server 2012. You need to change to it to ensure you can use all the new features.
You can...
April 16, 2015 at 8:35 am
You'll need SQL Server to be running under a domain account on the source server and for that account to have write permission on the share.
RESTORE FILELISTONLY won't restore the...
April 16, 2015 at 8:09 am
Unless there's something I've missed, I think you just need to use the REPLACE function.
John
April 14, 2015 at 9:47 am
April 14, 2015 at 9:33 am
To make it more flexible, you might consider doing it like this:
SELECT 'databaseA', columnlist FROM databaseA.dbo.table UNION ALL
SELECT 'databaseB', columnlist FROM databaseB.dbo.table UNION ALL
SELECT 'databaseC', columnlist FROM databaseC.dbo.table UNION ALL
etc...
I...
April 14, 2015 at 8:29 am
Have you looked at extended events? I don't know if it's possible to do what you're trying to do, but it's worth investigating.
John
April 14, 2015 at 8:17 am
Viewing 15 posts - 3,181 through 3,195 (of 7,185 total)