Your SQL Servers Are Misconfigured...

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Your SQL Servers Are Misconfigured...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Standing in the gap between Consultant and ContractorKevin3NFDallasDBAs.com/BlogWhy is my SQL Log File HUGE?!?![/url]The future of the DBA role...[/url]SQL Security Model in Plain English[/url]

• Hi Kevin,

I'd be interested in one of your free health check sessions. Let me know how I can better get in touch with you regarding that.

Thanks in advance!
    Sean Pinto

• Is there any way you could share those scripts?

• Kevin I'm interested in your health check, please contact me.

• For those interested in the HealthCheck offer, please email Kevin@DallasDBAs.com

More about us:
    http://dallasdbas.com/about/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Standing in the gap between Consultant and ContractorKevin3NFDallasDBAs.com/BlogWhy is my SQL Log File HUGE?!?![/url]The future of the DBA role...[/url]SQL Security Model in Plain English[/url]

• Since that you can't offert your services outside USA, is it possible to get your healtcheck script?

• alexandre.jobin - Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:05 AM

Since that you can't offert your services outside USA, is it possible to get your healtcheck script?

One of the 15+ scripts I run is sp_blitz from Brentozar.com

The rest are things that I have compiled over 18+ years, so I don't give them out as part of the free offering, sorry.  Almost all of them are based on the SQL Server DMVs...just in meaningful ways.  The biggest part of the health check is seeing all of the results and how they relate to each other.  "Change this setting, and watch these numbers here get better".

Hope that helps!

• Please let me know how I can work with you on the health check scripts. I have a server I would like to test.

• Nice post Kevin.  Don't forget that SQL Server 2008 & 2008 R2 are approaching End-of-Support this coming July.  Probably worth a quick mention that Microsoft is offering customers an option to move those 2008 instances as is to Azure with three additional years of support for free.

• I'm interested in the Remote DBA service you mention

• I'm interested in the Remote DBA service you mention and furthermore more services, please contact me if your available please contact me at gabriele.donufrio at enerj.it

• All,

SSC republished this article today, but the Free HealthCheck offer expired a long time ago. There is a $500 pre-paid option available:

SQL Server HealthCheck

Thanks,

Kevin

• Set Max Server Memory – I leave some memory for the O/S that SQL can’t touch.  This is also in the Instance Properties.

So what value do you actually set the Maximum server memory (in MB) to? It defaults to 2147483647.

Thanks

Martin

• martindnovak wrote:

So what value do you actually set the Maximum server memory (in MB) to? It defaults to 2147483647.

Typically, I leave 10% or 4GB for the O/S. More if there is clustering or multiple instances, or other applications involved.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply