Window Server 2016 Certification will be Retired on June 30, 2020

• Required exams of Windows Server 2016 certification are 70-740, 70-741 and 70-742 exams. The three exams will be retired on June 30, 2020. If you are planning to earn Windows Server 2016 certification, please take these exams before the retired date.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Microsoft retiring SQL Server 2014/2016 exams as well:

70-461

70-462

70-463

70-761

70-762

70-764

70-765

70-767

70-768

• All of the old "product" based certifications are being retired on the 31st Jan 2021, so if your working towards getting any of the MCSA/MCSE/MCSD based certifications get it done quick.

I find it a shame that Microsoft have done this as there is not necessarily a link to the new "role" based certifications which they are making available for the Azure platform.

The closest one would be DP-300 which would translate to have completed 70-764&70-765 but that's about it on the data platform stage.  The rest of the DP series are all new and seem to not even roughly translate to the 70 series exams in most ways.  Which you can understand with how things have moved on with data and how quickly it has changed in leaps and bounds between what it was 5 years ago to today.

• Luckily I have passed my last SQL Server 2016 exam last week so I have all the credentials for SQL Server 2016! I will start working on Azure certificates next year.

• I would highly recommend before doing any Azure certification to do AZ-900 before any others.

This is the Azure Fundamentals course/exam and touches on the basics of most of the Azure platform which is important in any role, that then ties into DP-900 for the Azure Data Fundamentals nicely.  Once you have both the 2 AZ-900 & DP-900 then I would look at moving to the other exams as those two set the foundations for the rest.

• I am interested only in data platform exams so I will skip the AZ-900 for now.

• Are you comfortable with all the different pieces in Azure like network security groups, vnets, subnetting, allowing access to backend Microsoft services etc?

If you are great, you can skip AZ-900

If not I would at least look through the MSLearn site for AZ-900 to get the concepts and technologies sorted in your head before attempting DP-900 or DP-300.

When I took the Beta for the DP exams there was a lot in it I felt the knowledge came from AZ-900 and not the contents for MSLearn's DP series.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply