When does Replication stop ? PLEASE HELP ?

• Sometimes the Merge agents get a status of 6 meaning there was no hartbeat for a specific amount of time. This is done sp_replication_agent_checkup.

This Checkup calls the sp_MSagent_stethoscope which looks into the history and if there is no message logged for the last XX minutes it will set the status to 6.

But Is replication then stopped for that agent ?

I really don't know, the books online say the follwoing :

sp_replication_agent_checkup

Checks each distribution database for replication agents that are running but have not logged history within the specified heartbeat interval. This stored procedure is executed at the Distributor on any database.

Syntax

sp_replication_agent_checkup [ [ @heartbeat_interval = ] heartbeat_interval ]

Arguments

[@heartbeat_interval =] 'heartbeat_interval'

Is the maximum number of minutes that an agent can go without logging a progress message. heartbeat_interval is int, with a default of 10 minutes.

Return Code Values

sp_replication_agent_checkup raises error 14151 for each agent it detects as suspect. It also logs a failure history message about the agents.

Remarks

sp_replication_agent_checkup is used in snapshot replication, transactional replication, and merge replication.

Permissions

Only members of the sysadmin fixed server role can execute sp_replication_agent_checkup

But does this thing actually kills the replication ?????

and if it doesn't what does ???

I have been looking for hours now and i cannot see it in the stored procedures....

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• What does the agent say? Im not a merge guy, so closest I can offer off the top of my head is from transactional land - if the agent goes x minutes without a response, it will stop the agent. You can restart as long as the subscription has not expired.

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply