what tools to convert sql code to oracle/mysql

• Hi all

do we have any software which will convert the scripts , queries, procedures, functions

trigger written in sql server 2000 database to other databases like oracle,mysql,postgres sql.

help me..

• Hi Veerersh,

What version of oracle do u have .

As i have oracle 9i , oracle 10g , Sqlserver 2000 and Sqlserver 2005 (Beta).

We use oracle migration work bench for conversion.

It is free and can download from oracle.com

Downloads (the file is in a zip format and name is omwb.zip).

Per my experience it takes 4 to 5 days to tranfer whole database fron SQL Server to Oracle 9i or Oracle 10g(Database size is 198 GB).

And if u want to tranfer the scripts and triggers it is very fast.

HTP

Fom

Killer

• Hi Raj.

Thanks for the reply..

Is there any tools for Coverting the scripts, procedures and queries from Sql server 2000 to MySql. I tell u what is exactly happening. We are developing a web based application, that should support Oracle 10g, MySql and Sql Server 2000. We have implemented completly on Stored procedures. And Now we want to convert the same to support  MYSQL and  Oracle . rewriting the code for Mysql and Oracle is time consuming, I was searching for a tool which will convert the sql server 2000 code to  Mysql and to Oracle.

Is there any tool. I dont want to migrate the databases. I want to covert the script.

Thanks

• Search out in Google for barcadero (DBArtisan).

HTH

from

Killer

• Check out the tool from AdventNet - it will do 60-70% of the work with the remaining being done by your database developers/DBAs:

http://www.swissql.com/products/sqlserver-to-oracle/sql-server-to-oracle.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply