What is your plan to achieve in Year 2008?

• Hi All,

Lets Discuss, what we'll achieve in Year 2008 with respect to our own career.

I am talking about self improvement.

Please Share the Idea and

lets people knows what is your goal for 2008?

and also share the contribution for this Forum. (if any)

Cheers!

Sandy.

--

• I would like to improve my spoken & written english knowledge.Also i would like to 'Beef-Up' my T-SQL Knowledge.

karthik

• Hi Sandy,

I like the question! It really got me thinking.

It's going to be a bit of a busy year for me I think. I've got 3 Open University Courses (in Psychology) running this year. I've then got my MCTS BI 2005 exam scheduled for February. It goes quiet for a bit over the summer as I'll be saving for my 3 week tour of Canada; having a look around as I'm thinking of moving there next year.

Ade

A Freudian Slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
    For detail-enriched answers, ask detail-enriched questions...[/url]

• 1) Get most of the research needed for my Masters complete. I'd like to be at the point of strting the write up by the end of the year.

2) Get up to speed with the changes in SQL 2008, preferably before it's released

3) Improve knowledge of C#. Including the areas of WPF, WCF. Alos look into Silverlight

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I need to get my knowledge level upgraded. I need to start learning more on DB admin part and also keep my self upgraded to the change in technologies.

• There is plenty of ideas on the personal level though 😉

I also need to find myself in a higher position than I am rite now.

• Jerome (1/10/2008)

Put a large box under your chair. 😉 :hehe: :hehe:

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hey Jerome,

he he he..lolz..:hehe:

Jerome (1/10/2008)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put a large box under your chair.

Gail Shaw

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Do what you wants......All The Best 4 That.

but don't put the box under your chair....

ha ha ha.....:D

Cheers!

Sandy.

--

• Echoing Gail, I'd like to get my 2008 skills to an adequate level. Also, I intend to try to present at PASS this year. Other than that, learn, improve, grow (in skills & abilities, not girth), just like every other year.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• For me, goals for this year would be learning and improving my skills in:

1. BI

2. Replication

3. C#

4. CLR procedures.

Besides, finish the migration of company legacy databases (19 in total) to SQL Server 2005 (and maybe 2008). Implement full-text search in some of them. Build DW, create replication from OLTP to DW.

• After seeing a really neat presentation, I definitely want to learn more on Silverlight. My goal this year is to get up to speed on VS 2008 and the new things in .NET 3.5. I also hope to get up to speed on my SQL skills, since I really haven't had much time with 2K5 and 2K8 isn't that far off.

• Hi All,:)

Great Objective.

"ALL THE BEST FOR 2008".

Cheers!

Sandy.

--

• I want to get a laptop and install sql server 2005 and start exploring on it.......cuz at my work place v have only 2k :satisfied:. I still have not got the taste of 2k5......

• Cool...:)

Explore SS2K5.....

try SS2k8 too..

Cheers!

Sandy.

--

• Yeah, I thought I would take one step at a time.....I'm sure by the time I've learnt quite some stuff abt 2k5 and 2k8 they would have released better versions of it....:P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply