wait on the database engine recovery handle failed installing sql server 2008

• I am geting error at the time of MSSQLserver 2008 installation.

wait on the database engine recovery handle failed installing sql server 2008

What i have to do???

Thanks & Regards,
    Pallavi

• Find the setup log (or open up the SQL error log) and look for the actual failure messages. Post anything you find (or google it first to see if it's a known problem)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • How fast is your server? If you are running a guest machine with minimal CPU, memory and slow disk access you can get all sorts of problems when installing SQL. The install process starts and stops services multiple times, and if the service does not respond within the Windows service timeout window then the install can fail. The install does not always crash immediately, but sometimes continues to another section of code that assumes that the service is up or down.

Within FineBuild, I do a timing test at the start of FineBuild that depends on a fixed amount of CPU and I-O time. If this value exceeds a threshold I calculate a new value for the service timout and store it in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServicesPipeTimeout, followed by a reboot prior to starting the SQL install.

It may be just coincidence, but since adding this capability into FineBuild I have not had a SQL install failure that could be attributed to a service startup timeout. It may be worth increasing the ServicesPipeTimeout value and see if your problem goes away.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• I also faced the similar problem while Installing SQl server 2012 and after long searching the internet I found the solution.Uninstall the previous installations of SQL Server(including registry files and remaining files) and install again.While installing you need to change the account name for database services to NT AUTHORITYNETWORK SERVICE and it will successfully installed without any errors.:cool::cool:

For detailed information with screenshot read this -http://www.superpctricks.com/2014/02/sql-install-error-database-engine-recovery-handle-failed.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply