VisualStudio/SSIS - Exporting from MySQL to MSSQL using ADO.Net connector -Fail

• Hi,

I'm in the process of creating a package that will export X data from a table in MySQL and import into an almost identical table in MSSQL.

I have successfully configured the connection to MySQL using a '.Net providers\ MySQL Data Provider' and can connect to the DB fine.

I have also successfully configured the MSSQL connection.

On my data flow task I have selected the ADO NET Source, added in my query to select from the table I need and when previewing I can see the MySQL data fine. I have then added a SQL Server destination and have mapped the columns between the input and destination together. At first I had some MySQL to MSSQL datatype mapping issues, these have now been resolved.

The issue appears to be when I run the package, it fails on the 'validation phase'

"SSIS package "C:\SSIS_Jira\SSIS_Jira\SSIS_Jira\Package.dtsx" starting.

Information: 0x4004300A at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.

Error: 0xC0208449 at Data Flow Task, ADO NET Source [2]: ADO NET Source has failed to acquire the connection {58A27F8F-E589-468A-8925-DE224D24CA67} with the following error message: "Could not load file or assembly 'Renci.SshNet, Version=2016.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1cee9f8bde3db106' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".

Error: 0xC0047017 at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: ADO NET Source failed validation and returned error code 0xC0208449.

Error: 0xC004700C at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: One or more component failed validation.

Error: 0xC0024107 at Data Flow Task: There were errors during task validation.

SSIS package "C:\SSIS_Jira\SSIS_Jira\SSIS_Jira\Package.dtsx" finished: Failure.

The program '[5716] DtsDebugHost.exe: DTS' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

"

Capture

I have spent a lot of time googling - the suggestion to set 'Run64bitRuntime' to false did not resolve my issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

• From the error message it looks like you do not have the underlying .NET library installed. Google "Renci.SshNet" and you will find more details about that library.

Also wondering why you chose to use the ADO.NET provider and not an ODBC connection?

• I'd first save and restart. The "cannot load xxx" messages sometimes appear as transients.

• Thank you for your help!

I haven't used SSIS to export from MySQL before (I don't use MySQL very often), however I switched the package to use the ODBC driver and after a little bit of tweaking I managed to get it to work. Much easier than the first route I took.

Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply