Visual Studio Code Names

• Good question. I was surprised that Data Dude wasn't correct.

• Thanks for the question.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Thanks for the interesting question.

I'm surprised at the number of people that thought DataDude was the name that hadn't been used, that is what I had heard it called the most. (And I am sure Microsoft referred to it as that in one of their sales/marketing events I attended long ago.)

• UMG Developer (2/10/2011)

Thanks for the interesting question.

I'm surprised at the number of people that thought DataDude was the name that hadn't been used, that is what I had heard it called the most. (And I am sure Microsoft referred to it as that in one of their sales/marketing events I attended long ago.)

Ditto. When DataDude was officially released as "Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Database Professionals", I simply kept refering to it as DataDude. There's no way I would ever use that incredibly long name.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• I found this question to be too tricky to answer.

Thanks.

• Hugo Kornelis (2/10/2011)

UMG Developer (2/10/2011)

Thanks for the interesting question.

Ditto. When DataDude was officially released as "Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Database Professionals", I simply kept refering to it as DataDude. There's no way I would ever use that incredibly long name.

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Dude". You're Mr. Dude. I'm the DataDude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino, or "Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Database Professionals" if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

• Who cares, who has the time to research this, and how could it possibly help me to know this?:crazy:

• Gene Branham (2/11/2011)

Who cares, who has the time to research this, and how could it possibly help me to know this?:crazy:

Apparently, you had the time to go to the discussion and type in a whole reply, so it should be no issue 😉

Sometimes questions are more for the "fun" side or they present "nice-to-know-trivia".

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Duncan Pryde (2/10/2011)

I just couldn't believe Datadude was an actual name!

You should listen to DataDude. He knows...

I got it wrong becuase I thought DataSmith was the name of the Data plug-in for Visual Studio when working with Great Plains.

I guess that doesn't count.

I have no idea what Visual Studio product called it "SQL Server Database Tools".

Was that BOSTON? 😎

• We call it VSDB round here (DataDude never felt right). Does anyone else?

• Funny Stuff!

• Dude!!!! I guessed it wrong dude, and picked dude! Bummer dude... chaaa, totally bro

Peter Trast
    Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
    Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply