View Cube outside of Analysis Manager

• I am well educated in data warehousing concepts and had built a couple of large WH. Now I need to start a data analysis project on a warehouse. It was simple enough to open Analysis Manager and create a cube based on my fact table and dimention tables (star schema).

But now I would like to know how I can view the cube data outside of the Analysis Manager. I know there are third party tools for data analysis. However for now I just want a simple view of the data outside of AM as a "proof of concept".

Any help is appreciated.

Michael

• You could use Excell to view your cube outside of AM.

Regards,

Nico

• There is an ActiveX called PivotChart / PivotTable that allows easy connection to Analysis Services. (I guess this is what Nico Verbaenen is talking about.)

If I'm not mistaking, there is a chapter on this in the tutorial that comes with Analysis Services.

• Check for OWC control and Excel.

SQL Server CD also has a lot of good samples on how to view cubes, in a folder called samples.

• Thanks to everybody. Excel's control satisfies my initial requirement.

• Look for the ThinSlicer example on the web!

• Also look at the web browser in the Sql Server 2000 resource kit or on the web at http://groups.msn.com/OLAPServicesDevelopersForum/web.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=45&LastModified=4675405111138581414

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply