varitas backup failure

• Hi I got varitas backup failure error.

could u pls find below error and pls suggest me in right way.....

INFO Operation inhibited by NetBackup for Microsoft SQL Server -- Support is not provided for unrecognized version of SQL Server

• Sounds like Veritas won't work on that version. What version of SQL do you have, and have you contacted Veritas? This isn't a SQL Server error, it's a Veritas error.

• Hi

Mohini,

Check out the licence period of veritas net backup ,because some it will happen when licence got end.

Thanks and regards.

Ashwin v p

Ashwin VP
    CSC India ...

• Hi,

Thanks for all for giving speed reply.

Now the isseue was resolved .but we got another issseu,

pls hav ea llok on below error.

INFO Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated or the server status has not been retrieved from the server.

INFO failed with error . The text follows:

INFO System detected error, operation aborted.

ENDOPER TRUE

could u pls guide me

• Sorry hit the post button twice somehow.

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

• I have problems using netbackup client for SQL backups even at 6.5.3 and opted to just use SQL agent.

I would recreate your scripts using the NetBackup client from the SQL server, that is what I usually did to get the to run correctly.

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

• Netbackup 6.5.4 is a lot better

i had some strange problems with older servers mostly running windows 2000 and earlier builds of SQL 2005 or SQL 2000 and 6.5.4 seems to have fixed everything. So far i haven't had a failed backup in weeks with the server on 6.5.4 and the clients as well.

I like Netbackup, but it is usually the buggiest software i have every seen and you don't ever install it unless the version is at least SP2.

To the OP, check out the Netbackup support forums on the Symantec website. you'll get better help there than calling paid support. also check out http://www.backupcentral.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply