Validation Error eventhough Task is Disabled

• Hi,

I have a Package which has 12 DataFlow Tasks. In this, i have disabled 2 task which are not required as of now. I moved this package from local to Production. I have not created objects [Tables, SPs] for those two tasks in Production.

But in Error List, i am getting Validation Error saying "Invalid objects name <Table Name>". This objects comes from the disabled DataFlow tasks. My question is, eventhough my task getting disabled why my package validating those task?

---

• I tried this using VS 2005/2008. After renamed a destination table and disabled, they ran. Are you positive you are not using the tables in another task that is enabled?

• Yes, i am not using this disabled task table in non of the task in my ssis.

• In the error log, is it specifically the disabled task that gives the error, or another task?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• da-zero (12/10/2010)

In the error log, is it specifically the disabled task that gives the error, or another task?

Specifically, i got errors from disabled task only. Non of the error from other.

• Do you get the errors when you run the package in BIDS or when you run it on the server?

Are you sure the package is deployed correctly to the server?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Yes, i am sure package deployed it correctly on server. When deploying this we were getting this error. In our local we have tables for the disabled task. But in Prod we don't have tables for those. That's why we are getting errors at that time.

Temporarly we have deleted those disabled task from the package and deployed. As of now works fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply