Using SQL Configuration Manger 2019 on SQL 2017 instances.

• I'm hoping this is a simple (obvious) question...

I'm charged with implementing a solution for TLS encrypted connections to 3-node SQL Server  2017 Always-On AG.  I was reading in the documentation that SQL Configuration Manager 2019 greatly simplifies deployment/management of certificates across the AG and that Configuration Manager 2019 can be used on earlier versions.

I haven't found a stand alone download of SQL 2019 configuration manager.  If I wanted to use 2019 Configuration Manger on my 2017 AG, would it be as simple as copying the SQLServerManager15.msc file to the 2017 instances?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• I would think that the 2019 config mgr plugin would connect to the 2017 instance. While you could move over the msc, I have no idea if there are underlying dependencies.

• Thanks, Steve!  Hopefully, I can give it a try and report back.

• Please do. I don't have an easy way to test this, but I am curious. I thought the msc just would have calls in it, so depending on the code being called, this may or may not work.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This should be installed as a snap in to the Microsoft Management console. If you go to the properties n the server and right click, choose "Manage", this should be under Services and Apps. If not, you can load the .msc file. I think it's "SQLServerManager10.msc"

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply