Upgrade SSRS server but not DB engine?

• I need to upgrade the SSRS report server so that it is compatible with Chrome/Edge. However the database server where the SSRS DBs live is not at a stage where I can upgrade it yet as there are 3rd party vendor DBs that need to be investigated.

Is this possible? The report and DB servers are on the same Windows server. The current DB version is 2012 (SP4)

• I don't believe this is the case. You can install SSRS on a machine without SQL Server, but I don't think you can upgrade just SSRS separately from an instance.

I do think with 2017+, there is a separate installer, so you might be able to install SSRS at that level separately.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/create-columnstore-index-transact-sql?view=sql-server-ver15

• Apologies for the delay in replying... priorities shifted!

ok so now I can go down the preferred route. I have contacted the vendors whose DBs live on the sql server and upgrading is not an issue for them.

So now I wish to upgrade SQL and SSRS. The report server is on the same windows server as SQL and the SSRS DBs are too.

So, if I run the upgrade and include SSRS then I assume this will take care of the report server and the reports that already reside there?

We have many reports and in the past have run into schema issues which I'd like to avoid.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply