Unicode import to nvarchar column FAILED

• I am new to SSIS and try to make a simple SSIS package.

Import a text file to a SQL Server database table.

English content, OK, no problem.

Chinese content, FAILED.

Text file, 2 columns, NAME, AGE. 3 rows, copy & paste some Chinese content from web site, save the text file  Encoding, I chose Unicode but not the default one: ANSI.

Destination, a SQL table with 2 columns: NAME, nvarhcar(50), age, int.

Visual Studio:

Source: Flat File Connection Manager, Locale: English (United States), click the Unicode check box.

Advanced: Column 0, DT_WSTR, Column 1, string (DT_STR)

However, my Data Flow Task in the Control Flow tab shows:

Column "Column 0" and "name" cannot convert between unicode and non-unicode string data types.

Can you help me?

How can I import a Chinese unicode text file into a SQL Server table's nvarchar column?

Do I really need conversion as my text file has been saved as unicode and SQL Server table uses nvarchar.

It is a very simple SSIS package but I don't know how to handle Chinese unicode.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I added N'xxx' to every row of my text file, same error.

I got the error even in design mode.

Column "Column 0" and "name" cannot convert between unicode and non-unicode string data types.

My text file has already been saved as Unicode and my SQL table column is NVARCHAR(50), why I still need to do conversion?

• Sorry my answer was no good.  I tried to edit it and now it's been marked as spam for some reason.  If you posted a sample txt file it would probably help.  SSIS is out of my area though, sorry again

Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply