Unable to uninstall Sql Server 2019 in my Laptop

• Hello,

I have installed Sql Server 2019 more than 6 months before and forgot the credentials. So I tried uninstalling manually but it is not allowing me to uninstall. Even the services are not starting in Services.msc and Sql Configuration Manager.

Not sure what is the issue. Attached the screenshots of the same. I tried uninstalling from control panel also. It is not allowing me to uninstall. Can you please help?

Thanks

Vijay

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • The uninstall will have produced a log output with a lot of information in it.  Can you post that or take a look through it see if anything obvious stands out.

may have to run an installation repair to fix it then uninstall it if you want it removed.

• Also anything from the event viewer on the starts also to help debug

• Hello Sir,

I have checked again and able to see a message saying "SQL Server evaluation period has expired". But not sure why the SQL server 2019 is not getting uninstalled from Control panel. It seems i have removed some files manually and rest few even if i uninstall it is not getting removed. I have attached the event log and summary report after trying to uninstall. Please help.

Thanks

Vijay

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • I would try a repair option via the installation media to try and repair the install then do an uninstall again, if certain files are not present the uninstallation will fail.  Seen this a number of times especially on upgrades as files have been removed from past service packs which are still needed and could only be fixed by a repair.

Either that or your looking at rebuilding the OS

• Try installing SQL server 2019 developers edition. it doesn't expire. install it as a different instance name it will put most of the files in a different sub-directory.

in services or SQL config-manager disable the current instance services. this should allow you to run SQL 2019 on your local machine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply