Unable to Open SSIS 2017 package

• Hi,

There are a couple of SSIS package (2017) version developed by another developer that are running flawlessly from the server. As the developer moved to a new role, he saved the packages in a folder in the server . I am unable to open those packages from the server. When i asked another developer , he did not have trouble opening those packages . Can anyone please help me understand why I am unable to open those packages from the server when other developers can ?

Thanks,

PSB

• What does "I am unable to open those packages from the server" mean? What are you doing? What are the errors you're getting? You need to describe the problem, please.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A wrote:

What does "I am unable to open those packages from the server" mean? What are you doing? What are the errors you're getting? You need to describe the problem, please.

+1 to this. You have not provided enough information. Also, which version of VS are you using? Do you have SSDT installed? Are you using a VCS? (Opening files "from the server" makes me think not.) Are you opening a project containing the packages, or trying to open the packages directly?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• "open those packages from the server" makes it sound like your using the File System Deployment method as well. Considering your using 2017, why not the project deployment method SSISDB?

File System Deployment is, in my opinion, the worst of the 3 deployment method, and the SSISDB was (again in my opinion) a great new deployment method. Especially when they added the ability (back) to deploy packages individually in 2016.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hi,

Thanks for replying. I am trying to open the project containing the packages . The other developer follows the exact same steps on the server and he is able to open packages from the project .These packages were developed in VS 2017 .

However, when I try to open it tries to open as VS 2015 and I receive :

"One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly. Please see the Output window for details"

C:\Users\User\Source\Workspaces\Workspace\SSIS\Internal\Integrations\Solution1\SSIS Prod\SSIS Prod\SSIS Prod.dtproj : error : Access to the path 'C:\Users\User\Source\Workspaces\Workspace\SSIS\Internal PMO\Integrations\SSIS\SSIS Prod\SSIS Prod\SSIS Prod.dtproj' is denied.

• I don't mean to be rude, but the error couldn't be more clear...

Access to the path 'C:\Users\User\Source\Workspaces\Workspace\SSIS\Internal PMO\Integrations\SSIS\SSIS Prod\SSIS Prod\SSIS Prod.dtproj' is denied.

Thom~

Larnu.uk

• That's the only error message I am receiving.

• PSB wrote:

That's the only error message I am receiving.

Yes and the error is telling you, very explicitly, what the problem is. Myself or Phil can't make that error any clearer than it already is. You don't have access to those files.

Thom~

Larnu.uk

• The packages are located on a shared folder in the server which all team members has access to . We are trying to open these packages from the server and it's very strange that few developers are able to open packages and few aren't able to. The issue would make sense if we are trying to open from our local machine as there could be version mismatch. But we are all trying from the same server .

• PSB wrote:

The packages are located on a shared folder in the server which all team members has access to .

That is clearly not true. Look at the location of the file that access has been denied to.

Thom~

Larnu.uk

• PSB wrote:

The packages are located on a shared folder in the server which all team members has access to . We are trying to open these packages from the server and it's very strange that few developers are able to open packages and few aren't able to. The issue would make sense if we are trying to open from our local machine as there could be version mismatch. But we are all trying from the same server .

The packages are located on the server. And your c: drive is mapped to the server? What kind of set-up is that?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply