unable to install SQL Server 2014

• Hi,

I am trying the install SQL Server 2014 enterprise edition on Windows 2016 Datacenter edition. I am getting below error.

Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation. ==> when I click on details then below details I am getting.

Current thread must be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it. (System.Windows.Forms).

I have deleted the registry and this is a fresh installation on this box.

I am having full right on the server. Any quick help is really helpful. Please do send respond to this ASAP or send mail to sns_subash2002@yahoo.com. I need this to be installed today without fail. can anyone help me.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • one possibility is that an anti-virus is causing that issue - if you got McAfee running disable it

• Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick response. I thought about it.. we are using Sentinel, I don't have rights to stop. Do you believe/or any other option you think of at this point in time. Please do send it across, I will try those as well.

Thanks,

Srinivas Sista

• You probably don't want to publicly expose your email address; bots do scan everything on the internet, and they will sell that address onto mailing lists.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• hi frederico_fonseca,

I was able to install SQL Server, as we thought we are in right track. I see that anti virus Sentinel one is giving us hard time, so we upgraded the agent to latest version. Then given a try to install it worked. Thank for the help.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply