Unable to depoly/publish the reports.

• I have just installed 'Sql server 2008 Standard' edition on 'Windows 7 Professional'

I could able to create reports and run using BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio) but when I try to deploy them to Report Manager, it is giving me the following error

"Error 1 The permissions granted to user 'PC\Mike' are insufficient for performing this operation.00"

Could some one help me fix this problem.

More details:

- User 'PC\Mike' is a member of local 'Administrators' windows group.

- All services in MS Sql server are setup to run under 'Local System' built-in account

- Software is installed when logged in as 'PC\Mike'

- Same software when installed on XP machine, it works fine. I could able to deploy the reports.

• pavan.reddyshetty (12/20/2009)

I have just installed 'Sql server 2008 enterprise' edition on 'Windows 7 Professional'

I could able to create reports and run using BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio) but when I try to deploy them to Report Manager, it is giving me the following error

"Error 1 The permissions granted to user 'PC\Mike' are insufficient for performing this operation.00"

Could some one help me fix this problem.

More details:

- User is 'PC\Mike' is a member of local 'Administrators' windows group.

- All services in MS Sql server are setup to run under 'Local System' inbuilt account

- Software is installed when logged in as 'PC\Mike'

- Same software when installed on XP machine, it works fine. I could able to deploy the reports.

The SQL Server Enterprise if not trial will only install in server operating system so if you say it runs in XP I am assuming you are talking about the developer edition. Now SQL Server 2008 standard is supported in Windows 7 pro and Ultimate. Check the link below for details.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Sorry, it was 'Standard' edition. I have corrected my question.

• pavan.reddyshetty (12/20/2009)

Sorry, it was 'Standard' edition. I have corrected my question.

That would be you are missing permissions because at least DBO permissions in ReportServerDB and ReportServerTempDB. Check the thread below for details.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic831821-162-1.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• User 'PC/Pavan' has db_owner role in 'ReportServer' and 'ReportServerTempDB' and datasource. Following is the screenshot. I know just basics of DB security. Let me know if I am looking at wrong thing.

And also even though I am able to open 'Report Manager', I am not getting 'Site Settings' option. Attached is the screenshot of Report Manager.

Image links:

Thanks for your help.

• pavan.reddyshetty (12/21/2009)

User 'PC/Pavan' has db_owner role in 'ReportServer' and 'ReportServerTempDB' and datasource. Following is the screenshot. I know just basics of DB security. Let me know if I am looking at wrong thing.

And also even though I am able to open 'Report Manager', I am not getting 'Site Settings' option. Attached is the screenshot of Report Manager.

Image links:

Thanks for your help.

I did not see your image the question is are you using Mike to deploy the reports or Pavan because both needs permissions to deploy the reports. I have also covered other known issues with reports deployment in the thread below. It covers a lot so you need to search the BOL for how to resolve these issues.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic719964-150-1.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply