Unable to complete login process due to delay in opening server connection

• I have a bcp out command running on Server A. The command runs against different Servers ( e.g. B, C, D ). It extracts Data from Tables on these Servers. This command runs as part of a cmd job daily. Sometimes, however, it fails with the following error :

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 0

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Unable to complete login process due to delay in opening server connection

When I tested this command, I did not get any error. We get this error randomly.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

• These can be hard to diagnose. The load on the server (either one) could be delaying the response to the connection attempt or the acknowledgement. In either case, you'd need to be monitoring the server to see if there is a reason for the delay. Don't forget about the network as well.

One other thing, you might be able to up the connection timeout for BCP as well.

• This might sound a bit silly, but on which Server should I set up monitoring ? Server A... or Servers B, C , D ? At some other time, it could be some other server ( say Server E ) .

There are quite a number of jobs running on Server A at different times.

Thanks,

• One other thing I found is... all the Files are created on a SAN drive. Could this be a cause of the Problem ?

Thanks,

• What Parameters should I be checking ?

THanks,

• Hi,

I am getting the same error but in trying to configure an odbc connection between a machine running sql server native client 10.0 and a machine running sql server 2005. The odd thing is that if i use an older cliente it works but not with this 10.0 one. Any idea of what can be going on?

The sql 2005 server is a cluster setup of 2 machines.

thanks.

• I would think this error is occuring on the server which you are connecting to. Not from. I'd monitor that one, or check the network and make sure that you are not experiencing issues there.

• I get the same error message when a 3rd party application is trying to BCP some files in to our sql server. I have notified the application provider, but they are at loss. When I do the bcp command in the DOS prompt, I am able to extract data from sql server with out any problem, however when application tries to do it, I get the "Unable to complete.." msg.

Can any of you guys help?

[font="Arial"]Deepak Vasa[/font]

• Amit Chaudhary (10/18/2008)

I have a bcp out command running on Server A. The command runs against different Servers ( e.g. B, C, D ). It extracts Data from Tables on these Servers. This command runs as part of a cmd job daily. Sometimes, however, it fails with the following error :

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 0

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Unable to complete login process due to delay in opening server connection

When I tested this command, I did not get any error. We get this error randomly.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

User don't have access to access that machine

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Paresh Prajapati
    ➡ +919924626601
    http://paresh-sqldba.blogspot.com/[/url]
    LinkedIn | Tweet Me | FaceBook | Brijj

• My problem has been resolved. Recently our servers have moved to a different physical location and the IP address has also changed. The third party application on the client machine is using the SQL Server name and the DNS cache on the local (Windows XP) machine is resolving the server name to the old IP address. Flushing the DNS cache (ipconfig/flushdns) has fixed the problem.

cheers

[font="Arial"]Deepak Vasa[/font]

• I am getting the same error message when a Maintenance Plan attempts to do a full back up. This all should be happening locally on the server, which I thought would eliminate the network from the equation. Why might it take so long to establish a connection? What should I be watching?

Thanks.

Debbie

• We are experiencing the same thing as Debbi

debbie.bull wrote:

I am getting the same error message when a Maintenance Plan attempts to do a full back up. This all should be happening locally on the server, which I thought would eliminate the network from the equation. Why might it take so long to establish a connection? What should I be watching?

Thanks.

Debbie

We are experiencing the same issue. Did you get anywhere with this please.

Regards,

Waqar

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply