unable to browse data from analysis services

• hi,

i am new in sql olap.  i just installed the analysis services from the ms sql installer cd.  i noticed that i cant browse any data.  i am getting the following error message:

unable to browse the cube <name>.  unspecified error.

did i miss something in the installation?

regards.

ann

• Do u mean u r unable to browse the data from the default "FoodMart" cube?

Did u install Service Pack 3a of Analysis Services?

delpiero

• yeah...i can't browse the data but i did not install the SP3.  will try that one.

thanks.

ann

• You may also have to process the cube and dimensions before you can view it.

Kindest Regards,

Martin

• Hi,

U have to install sp3 and restart the server

then process the cube again

from

killer

• Hi,

Installation of SP3 will solve that... make sure you are part of the OLAP admin group and that the users have access to the shared area on their machine where analyis services will store its cube and metadata etc...

M

• ann,

did installing fixpack 3 resolve the problem? I have exactly the same problem,so your experience with this one will be very beneficial!

Ties Blom

• I am unable to Browse Cube data . Getting the same error "unable to browse the cube <name>.  unspecified error" for the FoodMart Database. I have installed SQL Server 2000 and Analysis version ( Evaluation version) recently in Windows XP in my laptop. I see MSSQLServiceOLAP Service running in laptop.

I had even restarted MSSQLServiceOLAP Service and fully processed the cube but still getting the same error Message. Checked the Helped files for Analysis service but couldnt find much on this topic.

Do you think installing Analysis Service pack 3 or 4 and restarting MSSQLServiceOLAP Service and reprocessing the cube will solve the problem. Any help will be greatly apprecieted.

thanks,

Deependra Das

• Hi

I'm too facing the same problem.

I'm in admin group of Analysis services.

I have installed Sp3a and restarted the server but no luck.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply