Unable to add output parameter to log reader?

• Has anyone tried to add the -Output <filename> flag to the log reader agent and have it fail with "the token is invalid". Step 2 of the log reader job is running as a proxy, an I defined a path that I know exists and that the proxy has access to. It seems to have something to do with having access to the log file, but nothing seems to make sense with this one...

thanks!

• I've done this quite a few times but never had it fail - what is the complete error message you get when the log reader agent fails? And what does the call to the logread.exe look like i.e. is there maybe an extra space creeping into the switches somewhere causing it to fail?

Edit: Just read the part that the job step runs as a proxy - I have a domain account I use for the job so maybe that's why I never had this fail :Whistling:

• Hello,

our replication setup created a proxy in the "Replication Transaction-Log Reader" category, with a name like:

[REPL][<Domain Account>][<Job Name>]

That's what shows up in the "Run as" portion of the Run agent step. The job step is of type "Replication Transaction-Log Reader and the command has:

-Publisher [<name>] -PublisherDB [<name>] -Distributor [<name>] -DistributorSecurityMode 1 -Continuous

When I add -Output by itself, it works, but I'm not sure where the output is going. When I put d:\replOut.txt after -Output, I get the error.

It's all very odd...

• looks to be a windows permission item. The proxy user needs to have write access to where you are creating the log file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply