Tunning index and databases

• Hi,

I try to execute the index and recomendations with SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition over Windows Vista Home Premium.

But,

Shows me and errors, that said: the recomendations optimizing index required sql server 2005 enterprise edition...

So...

Can I execute this feature over windows vista home premium....?

theres some fix that i can execute?

Thanks.,..

• You could install developer edition rather than standard. It's cheap ($50) and will full enterprise features, just not for use in a production environment. It installs on Vista and XP as well as the server OSs. Enterprise edition won't install on a non-server OS.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks for your answer, but i can do that..

This standard version is the oficial (bought) by the company....

Can i fix this feature in this conditions???

thanks...

• You can't install SQL Standard on Vista Home. It won't let you. You either need a different version of SQL Server, or a different version of Windows.

If you can't use a different version of SQL Server (as indicated in one of your posts), you'll need to switch from Vista to Windows Server (2003 or 2008 would be your best bet).

While you can set up a virtual server on your Vista computer, I recommend against it. Most desktop computers don't have the hardware and stability that a server needs.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply