Transactional Replication

• I am not able to connect to a Remote Sql Server Databse from my local Enterprise Manger Console, while registering SQL Server it is saying SQL server not found..

i am trying to do Transactional Replication between my local machine and remote server

I am able to reach the remote server through HTTP and RDP

PING is not allowed in the network, in fact is it blocked by the firewall in the network

any suggestions ?

subban

• Well, that seems to prove connectivity. What about Query Analyzer, can you connect to the remote box with it?

• Andy Warren,

No , i am not able to connect through Query Analyzer also,

it is giving error:

Unable to connect to server x.x.x.x

server:Msg 17, level 16, State 1

[Mircrosoft][ODBC SQL server driver][DBNETLIB] SQL Server does not exists or access denied

subban

• Assuming you have a valid login, I'd say the port is blocked. Time to talk to your network guys.

• Several possibillities.....

1. There are multiple instances running on the computer.

2. Disable all unneccesary protocols in SQL Server. (ONLY TCP/IP) and no namede pipes

3. Delete everey protocol in windows. Only TCP should be installed.

or

4. Use the client and server network utilluty to use TCP only. And see if you can ping your server by name AND IP adress

These are the most common problems i have seen for connection problems.

• It could be a PORT with problem, possibly 1433 might not be open in the network, i will look into that case

Thanks and Regards

Skv

subban

• It could be a problem with the PORT, possibly 1433 might not be open in the network, i will look into that case

Thanks and Regards

Skv

subban

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply