trace 1204, 1222 on

• I have these two traces on,

TraceFlagStatusGlobalSession

But all I am getting in the error log is

[298] SQLServer Error: 1205, Transaction (Process ID 200) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. [SQLSTATE 40001] (ConnExecuteCachableOp)

• Which error log? That sounds like a user error message rather than one you'd see in the sql error log.

• I sure wouldn't turn on both. In fact, I'd suggest just using 1222, not 1204.

How about taking a look at the system_health extended event session. It automatically captures full deadlock graphs. No traceflag enabling needed. Since you're on 2008, it's there, ready to go.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Gazareth (3/7/2013)

Which error log? That sounds like a user error message rather than one you'd see in the sql error log.

In the SQL Server logs.

IT seems to be showing up in the SQL Server logs now...not sure what was wrong, maybe it wasn't even on?

• Grant Fritchey (3/7/2013)

I sure wouldn't turn on both. In fact, I'd suggest just using 1222, not 1204.

How about taking a look at the system_health extended event session. It automatically captures full deadlock graphs. No traceflag enabling needed. Since you're on 2008, it's there, ready to go.

Thanks, I see the deadlock there now and will look more at it.

Thanks again,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply