Topic Status

• I was just thinking that it would nice if the person who setup the topic (especially for questions) to be able to mark them with a status of problem solved, or resolved. Just something that will make it easier when trying to help folks to know who still has their question left unanswered. These topics are really growing and when I go back to look at times I missed I have no clue it's state. Plus I feel this would help those searching with similar problems to be able to look in the forums and find possible solutions quickly.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Good suggestion. I also wonder sometimes if a topic is "solved".

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• I think there is also the case where a person would post a topic but never checks back. Perhaps the person finds an answer elsewhere or it simply becomes a non-issue and because of workload, etc., they don't check back. So I'd think topics could potentially stay open.

K. Brian Kelley

bkelley@sqlservercentral.com

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Sometimes. Overall we've done pretty well, we always encourage posters to come back and let us know the resolution. Sucks to be trying to solve a problem and find the question but not the answer!

Andy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply