To empty/remove log file and to move second ldf file to new drive

• Hi Team,

I have 2 ldf file for a database and I want to empty and remove 1 log file and second log file I want to move it to new drive.

SQL Server 2008 R2 version.  There is merge replication in place for this database and service broker enabled to push the transaction data from this db to another reporting db.

How can I accomplish this without breaking the replication/service broker.....and is it possible ?

If someone can break down the steps, will be much appreciated.  thanks.

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• SQLisAwE5OmE - Monday, August 14, 2017 12:29 PM

Hi Team,

I have 2 ldf file for a database and I want to empty and remove 1 log file and second log file I want to move it to new drive.

SQL Server 2008 R2 version.  There is merge replication in place for this database and service broker enabled to push the transaction data from this db to another reporting db.

How can I accomplish this without breaking the replication/service broker.....and is it possible ?

If someone can break down the steps, will be much appreciated.  thanks.

I don't think it works without breaking the service broker .. the service some where for some time has to go offline. This link seems to help with the tweaks to accomplish this ,, pls check   https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2400/moving-database-files-for-a-replicated-sql-server-database/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply