Time issue with 70-458 exam

• 70-458 scheduled for ?Tuesday, November 18, 2014? my confirmation email said "Appointment Length: 120? Minutes?".

for my re-scheduled test for Thursday, January 15, 2015?, my confirmation email said "Appointment Length: 180? Minutes?".

Pearson VUE have also let me re-schedule for free, seemingly acknowledging there was a problem with the duration of the original test.

• I also failed 70-458 this month. I was more surprised by the content than by the time.

My goal is to upgrade my DBA certificate and one part is all about setting up a warehouse, SSIS and deployement which I don't have experience with.

The first part, which was pure administration, I passed.

That doesn't help me because I need to retake both parts.

Will give it another try in march 2015, really need to learn and practice more. Therefore I need to setup several virtual servers so that I can also practise all the different options for deploying packages.

good luck all and happy new year.

Vera

• Hi everyone. I retook the exam yesterday and passed thanks to the extra time. It was with Pearson Vue, and was 180 minutes in total. This time around I had plenty of time and didn't feel rushed. Last time it was about 1.5 mins per question, and this was 3.5 mins per question!!

• Jeff Moden (11/14/2014)

dan-572483 (7/14/2014)

I seem to recall in previous exams having at least 100 minutes to answer 45 questions - well over two minutes per question.

]]

2 minutes and 13 seconds doesn't seem to qualify as "well over" 2 minutes per question.

Given that some questions are easy and can be answered correctly in less than a minute, you can spend 2.5, 3 or even 4 minutes on the harder ones. If you have only 40 minutes to work on 20 questions, there aren't enough easy questions to build up extra free time for the harder ones.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply