This is regarding custom code in SQL Server 2008 .An error is popping up when the report is perviewed . Also the '=Code.function_name()' is showing some error.

• Hi,

I have to validate the date range in my report ; ie ; the start date shouldnt be greater than the end date . For achieving this purpose , I have created a custom code with a function named DateParameterValidate .

Now this function is referenced using a parameter 'Validate_para' .In the parameter properties of Validate_para , i have given an expression

=Code.DateParameterValidate(Parameters!@p_start_date.value,Parameters!@p_end_date.value)

But , the DateParameterValidate part of the above line is underlined in red , indicating an error . Also , some error msg is displayed when values are entered , after the preview button is clicked.

Please help me. I need a solution urgently 🙁

• Hi,

I have to validate the date range in my report ; ie ; the start date shouldnt be greater than the end date . For achieving this purpose , I have created a custom code with a function named DateParameterValidate .

Now this function is referenced using a parameter 'Validate_para' .In the parameter properties of Validate_para , i have given an expression

=Code.DateParameterValidate(Parameters!@p_start_date.value,Parameters!@p_end_date.value)

But , the DateParameterValidate part of the above line is underlined in red , indicating an error . Also , some error msg is displayed when values are entered , after the preview button is clicked.

Please help me. I need a solution urgently

Hello,

If the DateParameterValidate is showing some with underline in Red color

u dnt really care about it but if it is giving error when u run the report then u need to check the code which u created.

If u can send us the error that will make more sence to undestand what error u r getting.

My assumption is the parameters and u r custom code datatypes are not matching ...

Thanks

Veeren 🙂

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.
    Ignore this if you feel i am Wrong. 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply