The Tax Warehouse

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item The Tax Warehouse

• Speaking of IRS systems on SQL Server, I happen to be the DBA for an IRS system called HCTC (Health Care Tax Credit).

see:http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=109960,00.html

The system, built in 2003 with all ms technology, is an integrated solution using both SAP and Siebel running on SQL2K failover clusters....

• Hey

Exactly where in your lawbook in usa does it state that you have to pay taxes?

I heard a rumor that it is actually not included in your law and thus you would not have to pay tax and some dont. And thus just out of curiosity, can someone point me to which page it is stated in your usa lawbook?

• The middle class always pay most of the tax and get the least benefits.

So in US, it is better to be very poor or very rich.

• Not true Loner. The richest 10% of American's pay around 50% of all income taxes.

Also, that is definitely a rumor about not having to pay taxes. I believe you will find such information in the Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

But all this would be moot if we were all smart enough to get the word out about The Fair Tax: http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer.

That IRS DB would be MUCH, MUCH smaller. :>)

• Percentage wise the rich pay less, but in absolute numbers they pay a lot. We've been lucky in life with incomes rising over our careers and I think we've paid more and more every year. Happy to do so in this great country.

We have an amendment that allows the government to establish an income tax. I think it's an urban myth that you don't have to pay taxes in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

• Sybase does not have the simple English Query that SQL Server has and possibly the IRS does not want a lot of time spent on agents learning SQL.:)

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!

• Agreed, but Steve, you haven't been lucky. You've worked hard for the money you have earned, and so have I. I am thankful for the opportunity this great country gives me to have success. But, we all have to earn the success.

• Maybe lately I am so upset with the financial aid office of the colleges. If your income is below $40,000, the kids do not need to pay anything. But I have to pay full tuition because according to the government that I have equity for my house, so the government expects me to sell my house or get an equity loan to send my kid to college. When I calculate the estimate family contribution for FAFSA, the government does not put into mortgage, health care insurance, day to day living expense into account. This makes me very upset.

There are so many loop holes in the tax system. If you owe a business, a lot of your properties, incomes and expenses can put into the business. Many business owners report they only get minimum pay. I know some CEOs get a small pay check but a big chunk of stock options. The same as a lot of waiters/waitresses (especially the ones work in Chinese restaurants) that their income reply on tips. I know a waiter owes a house, two new cars and his kids receive low income government subsidized lunch. I know a family that the father working aboard, the mother reported that she worked at a factory earning minimum pay, it ended up all their kids received full government grant to go to college.

We work so hard for the money, a big trunk of it going to these people who receive welfare that they don't deserve.

What do we get? Loans and more loans, living paycheck from paycheck.:crazy::sick:

• Loner (4/24/2008)

Maybe lately I am so upset with the financial aid office of the colleges. If your income is below $40,000, the kids do not need to pay anything. But I have to pay full tuition because according to the government that I have equity for my house, so the government expects me to sell my house or get an equity loan to send my kid to college. When I calculate the estimate family contribution for FAFSA, the government does not put into mortgage, health care insurance, day to day living expense into account. This makes me very upset.

There are so many loop holes in the tax system. If you owe a business, a lot of your properties, incomes and expenses can put into the business. Many business owners report they only get minimum pay. I know some CEOs get a small pay check but a big chunk of stock options. The same as a lot of waiters/waitresses (especially the ones work in Chinese restaurants) that their income reply on tips. I know a waiter owes a house, two new cars and his kids receive low income government subsidized lunch. I know a family that the father working aboard, the mother reported that she worked at a factory earning minimum pay, it ended up all their kids received full government grant to go to college.

We work so hard for the money, a big trunk of it going to these people who receive welfare that they don't deserve.

What do we get? Loans and more loans, living paycheck from paycheck.:crazy::sick:

How much do you pay in tax taking tax/your income = x% ?

• IceDread (4/24/2008)

Hey

Exactly where in your lawbook in usa does it state that you have to pay taxes?

I heard a rumor that it is actually not included in your law and thus you would not have to pay tax and some dont. And thus just out of curiosity, can someone point me to which page it is stated in your usa lawbook?

Ancient Urban Legend. *sigh*

The federal government is given the power to levy taxes in the Constitution, Article I, Section VIII. This power was limited to certain formulas, however, so the 16th amendment was passed specifically to grant the power to levy an Income-based tax.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply