The 'Database storage location' feature is not included in the '64 Bit Standard Edition' SKU

• All,

I'm working a short-term contract for a client that has SQL Server 2008 running on Windows Server 2008. The client has asked me to make changes to existing cubes and create new cubes.

There is no dev/test environment, so I decided to create a new database. My idea was to create a new database on the one and only SSAS server and then synchronize it with the existing one. When I try to create a new SSAS database, I receive the following:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

------------------------------

Errors related to feature availability and configuration: The 'Database storage location' feature is not included in the '64 Bit Standard Edition' SKU.

(Microsoft.AnalysisServices)

BUTTONS:

OK

Searching using Google or Bing yields no useful information.

Is this a limitation of SSAS or Windows Server 2008? Any help appreciated.

TIA,

Mike

• Also getting this error when I tried to do a restore

• Got around error by not specifing storage location.

• Hi,

Did you get solution to your problem? I am trying to restore microsoft contonso analysis serivce database ContosoRetail.abf and I am getting same error ;(. any help woudl be highly appreciated. its a bit urgent as well..thanks..

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Errors related to feature availability and configuration: The 'Database storage location' feature is not included in the '64 Bit Standard Edition' SKU.

(Microsoft.AnalysisServices)

BUTTONS:

OK

• Joe R. Rodriguez (1/7/2011)

Got around error by not specifing storage location.

Me too! (WEIRD)

• Don't fill up the storage location in the New Database form. My guess is the functionality for customed storage location was not available yet. I think by filling that part, you are telling the form to put the data in a custom folder. By not filling it, it'll put the data in the folder that you set for Data during SSAS service installation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply