The Attribute

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item The Attribute

• Nice one,

I love text searching and parsing

Ta

• I had a lot of search in my memory about working with xml documents.:satisfied:

Thanks Steve for this question good explanation and useful links. The series "Stairway to XML" by Robert Sheldon is just wonderful.

• Being one who doesn't use XML much, I had to put significant effort into this one.

• My years spent in the xslt trenches were not in vain 😀

• The real question here is whether Prescott should continue starting for the Cowboys after Romo comes back from his injury. If you're the Cowboys, I think you trade Romo and go with Prescott. You're never going to get more value for Romo as you will now, and Prescott is playing well enough to know he is your future.

[font="Tahoma"]Personal blog relating fishing to database administration:[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]https://davegugg.wordpress.com[/url]/[/font]

• You can't trade Romo, at least during this season. The Cowboys already know what it's like to lose their starter and then have crap at backup that just ruins your team's chances. Maybe they trade him after this season.

The real question is why would you ever want to get Trevor Siemian in your query results? 😀 #GoChiefs

• sconyers (10/13/2016)

You can't trade Romo, at least during this season. The Cowboys already know what it's like to lose their starter and then have crap at backup that just ruins your team's chances. Maybe they trade him after this season.

The real question is why would you ever want to get Trevor Siemian in your query results? 😀 #GoChiefs

I think you mean #GoChiefsToThirdPlaceInTheWest

• Interesting question; however, since SQLS got JSON support, I have not touched XML.

• A good illustration for anyone learning the basics of Xquery.

----------------------------------------------------

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/13/2016)

Shots fired! lol I admit I was much more confident about our chances before the Pittsburgh game.

On topic, great question.

• Revenant (10/13/2016)

Interesting question; however, since SQLS got JSON support, I have not touched XML.

I had to work on this for XE recently.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/13/2016)

Ouch. Fair, but still ouch.

I never use XML at work so these QODs are always a struggle. Need to find some time to just walk through the Stairway posts so it isn't quite so foreign to me.

• I preferred the fourth answer because it was doing a variable search, even though it was outputting the full contents. But I chose the correct one.

Steve, the formatting of the question is weird. You only have SELECT on the first option, and that line has a comma at the end, making it look like it's a two-part answer. At least that was my impression. Still, very interesting question. I really need to improve my skills in XML et al.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Steve, the formatting of the question is weird. You only have SELECT on the first option, and that line has a comma at the end, making it look like it's a two-part answer. At least that was my impression. Still, very interesting question. I really need to improve my skills in XML et al.

+1.

I actually chose the first one in the end, even though I really-really thought the third one must be correct, purely because the others lacked SELECT. I thought it must be a trick question. How can you return something without the SELECT?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply