Test-Driven Dev tools for Database development?

• Just curious if any of you have been experimenting with any database-centric or just plain data-centric TDD tools (like NUNIT for procedural code). We're looking to start doing some interesting things with continuous integration-like development on the data side as well as the code side. The problem we're running into is that the data tends to be very large and spans multiple DB's, which is usually what breaks the capabilities of the various tools.

Anyway - we're not very far along in the process and was curious what if anything some of you might be using for that? Or do you "roll your own"?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• I think Grant Fritchey does some of this with VSTS. I know a few people did this awhile back with Agile development, but not sure how many do it now.

• Hmm... That's a thought - I'm just not quite sure how to span multiple DB's that way....

Thanks for the reminder re: Grant. I'll ping him if he doesn't pop by in a few days.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply