t-sql 2016 using different languages

• Right using t-sql 2016, in sql server management studio. I can change the fonts by picking options->tex editor->fonts and I can pick 'Karen Hilang'. When I do that, all the sql changes to the language called 'Karen'.

**Note: this font is available for me since I installed this font on my computer.

Now I have several other fonts that (are used for different languages) that I need to run and store in a sql server field as varchar(max) and not nvarchar(max) since nvarchar does not work for me.

The question is, I would like to know how to change the 'fonts' using standard t-sql 2016 and not using sql server management studio to change the fonts? I would like to do this since I would like to ran all the sql changes in the same script.

Thus would you tell me how to accomplish this goal?

• you have been asking around this already see https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/sql-server-2012-data-column-used-for-7-different-languages - you either do not know exactly what you need or you do not understand the answers given.

SQL Server does not use fonts - it stores data as entered by the application that uses SQL server as its database backend.

As for fonts on SSMS - you do what you wish there - what you do with your front end application has nothing to do with how the data is stored on SQL Server tables.

In order to store and correctly join and order data the correct data type needs to be used while defining the columns - for some of the things you wish you were told previously that you need nvarchar - varchar will not be able to store particular type of data.

As for displaying the data - that is for the front end to determine how to display - if you wish to have your front end working in Chinese you need to design it that way - and if you wish to store the messages in Chinese within SQL Server they need to be stored as nvarchar - how you determine which message to retrieve from the database is up to your own application design - many ways of doing this and all available for search on the internet - not up to this forum to design your database - maximum we can do is help with specific issues and problems, neither of which you have asked for or supplied information about.

• Thanks a lot!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply