Surfing

• I was reading this last night. It seems relevant.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/12/the-tail-end.html

• How many of you have gotten up before dawn, driven to the coast, gotten on a long piece of fiberglass and paddled into the ocean before turning around to ride back to shore?

All the time as a kid living in Puerto Rico. Not so much since moving to Chicago.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• For those who are easily bored and need extra motivation to follow through, a sport like surfing or back country hiking is good exercise; because once you're in, you're deeply committed endure whatever trials are required to get back. It's not like spin cycling or tennis where you can easily call the day at any point.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Eric M Russell (2/17/2016)

For those who are easily bored and need extra motivation to follow through, a sport like surfing or back country hiking is good exercise; because once you're in, you're deeply committed endure whatever trials are required to get back. It's not like spin cycling or tennis where you can easily call the day at any point.

Team sports are the same. I play field hockey and there are 10 people that need you on the pitch and working hard. Plus there is me being a little bit competitive 😛

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply