Subscription streams

• Hi,

I am trying to take advantage of multiple streams to fix the replication latency. Previously I just put another parameter into the distribution job step:

-SubscriptionStreams 4

I worked out that 4 solves the problem and now want to put this parameter when creating the subscription:

Exec MyDB..sp_addsubscription

@SubscriptionStream = 4.

However after running the sp_addsubscription I don't observe the change in the job parameters, so there is no "-SubscriptionStreams 4"

Is this normal?

I do see the number in subscriptionstreams column in [distribution].[dbo].[MSdistribution_agents] table:

SELECT [subscriptionstreams], [id], [name], [publisher_db], [publication] FROM [distribution].[dbo].[MSdistribution_agents]

I just want to make sure that I am doing the same thing when manually changing the job step and running sp_addsubscription, as we tested the manual job step change in Production and it solved the problem. Now the process has to be automated when the replication gets removed and added again (every release). So I want to make sure that sp_addsubscription will achieve the same goal.

Thanks

• Any ideas?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply