Stored Procedure broken out into views

• So my end result, I want to use the dataset in Tableau.

Right now, I have a stored procedure.

DECLARE @name TABLE

(

VALUE1

VALUE2

VALUE3

)

SELECT

DIFFERENT VALUES AS

VALUE1

VALUE2

VALUE3

INTO #A

FROM DB1

WHERE

( MYPARAMETERS = -1)

SELECT

DIFFERENT VALUES AS

VALUE1

VALUE2

VALUE3

INTO #B

FROM DBO2

WHERE

(PARAMETERS= -1)

I have more than 1 stored procedure that I am trying to bring into Tableau and am only able to drag one table out. I cant bring a second out. So what I am trying to do is create 3 views (but will have no parameters) and create a mapping table etc.

Unless .. u think I have the wrong logic to do this?

Any ideas people?

• any ideas on the logic?

Have I explained myself correctly?

• I'm sorry. I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Can you provide some sample data (DDL and DML), the sample code of your stored procedure(s) and a display of the final result you need?

If you need the results of different stored procedures into a single table you can use the basic INSERT INTO [SingleTable] SELECT...FROM... statement inside each stored procedure.

If you create multiple (temp-)tables inside a single stored procedure and need the results combined, you can use a SELECT...FROM [FirstTable] UNION ALL SELECT...FROM [SecondTable] command at the end of the stored procedure. Keep in mind the number of columns and the datatype of both SELECT statements must match when using the UNION statement.

** Don't mistake the ‘stupidity of the crowd’ for the ‘wisdom of the group’! **

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply