Stored Proc debugger for SQL 7?

• Can you recommend a SQL 7 stored proc debugger?

TIA,

Bill

• Visual InterDev has a nice debugger for SP's!!

• visual interdev?

really?

where is it, how to use it?

Matthew Mamet

• Is there anything other than InterDev... as interdev is too heavy to use only for debugging SQL SPs. Please reconmmend.

quote:

Visual InterDev has a nice debugger for SP's!!

Paras Shah

Evision Technologies

Mumbai, India

Paras Shah
    Evision Technologies
    Mumbai, India

• Possibly this product by BMC does - been a while since I looked, but worth a try.

http://www.bmc.com/webforms/sqlprogrammer/free/introduction.cfm

Andy

• Since the time of my posting I've looked at 2 T-sql debuggers. They are both OK, work with SQL 7 on up, but compared to the VB debugger they come up lacking. For example, you can't say "do a breakpoint when var1 = 10" with either debugger. The debuggers are in the 1000 dollars price range (product + maintenacne).

First, I looked at BMC's "SQL Programmer" (formerly owned by Sylvain Faust). Seems pretty good and solid but I prefer another product -- RapidSQL.

RapidSL is by Embaracdero technologies. It has useful features such as displaying line numbers on the side of the screen (useful for locating your position in a stored proc hardcopy with line numbers), a full screen mode, a watch window that allows variable names ot be alphabetized, and "tooltips" (the little windows that pops up saying "var1 = 10"). The debugger component of RapidSQL is relatively new and I found their tech support really lacking on that aspect. Still it's likely we'll buy the product for our programmers.

Finally, a third product, XPEDITER for SQL, by Compuware was a last-minute write-in candidate. I have not yet received a demo of the product (their salemsan was so insistent that I give him the names of our project leaders of VP of IS, and I declined, they he may not send me a demo copy.)

Bill

• Rapid SQL seems to be a nice choice! Nice functionality... I still need to explore but its the little that I have seen impresses me

Paras Shah

Evision Technologies

Mumbai, India

Paras Shah
    Evision Technologies
    Mumbai, India

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply