Star schema question

• Hi friends,

We are in the development phase of generating new reports(using 3rd party) tool from the application. Currently, the application connects to the Oracle database where there are relational schemas(original) and star schema(fact and dimension tables). Star schema tables are populated from the other relational schemas(original)in the database. The 3rd party reporting tool pulls data from the Oracle star schema to generate reports. It's more like the 3rd party tool requires a star schema to be built in the database to generate reports.

Similarly, we are looking to create star schema in our SQL server database as well. Currently we have all our tables under DBO. I'm researching to see if we can create star schema(fact and dimension tables) under same DBO user or should it be under different user account. Also, are the star schema optimization features applied at the database level or at the server level? Please give your thoughts.. Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Looking forward to your replies . Thank you

• Friends, if anyone has implemented star schema on the transactional database please give your thoughts...

Thanks again

• Smart Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 (Developer Reference)

I've not seen a 2012 or 2014 book for BI/SSAS.

• Okay thanks. I will post the same on SQL Server 2008.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply