SSRS: Unable to modify subscription settings!

• A user who is of the Browser role with permissions to manage individual subscriptions is unable to modify the parameters he wants to set as default for his subscription. He IS able to change the delivery times and email details yet not the parameters. I have yet to see this issue and Google has turned up no good finds. The description is below of the error outputted. Anyone have any suggestions?

A subscription delivery error has occurred. (rsDeliveryError) Get Online Help

One of the extension parameters is not valid for the following reason: The account you are using does not have administrator privileges. A subscription cannot be created

Thanks!

• i would try to assign myself the same permissions (being browser with ability to manage subsriptions) and see if you can do it yourself first :-). that's where i would start.

making the User the Admin will open all the rights, but it's not what you want, right? another option would be to write a custom assembly where you'd be capturing the User!UserID and it'll be mapped to certain parameters and reference this assembly in your report.

or, create data-driven subsription.

• I have seem the same behavior. Try adding the Manage All Subscription rights to the user and see if that resolves the issue. It did in my case. We do control the report server through a custom site there was no danger a user could delete another's subscription. On a side note, when trying to delete another user's subscriptions, I've found it works sporadically only even why I'm the admin on the server. It will occasionally return an error that I'm not an admin on the server and this is when logged in through the Report Manager.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply